HOW TO BID
BIDDING on irish whiskey auctions
To bid on our website when we have a live auction you must register as a buyer which is very simple procedure
1.Complete the registration form here, ensuring that all your details are correct including a telephone contact number and verify your email address and payment method. We charge a €3 Registration fee to help confirm the identify of our users.
3. Search our Live auction by using the navigation and filters on the left of your screen and select a lot you would like, satisfy yourself that you know what you are bidding on( read the notes, examine the photographs) If you are unsure of anything please contact us directly in the office.
4. Bid on the Lot. You can set your highest bid and our software will automatically keep you as the highest bidder up to that amount. The increments of bidding are dictated by the value of the bottle being auctioned. See table for Proxy Bidding here.
5. You will be notified by email your bid Status (highest bidder, outbid, winner, lost out) so you can keep up to date with the live auction and increase your bid should you wish.
6. The End date of the live auction will always be clearly displayed at the top of every screen. The Auction ends at 7PM (GMT). We are using anti sniping software on our website which will prevent those annoying bidders who jump in at the last second to steal the lot from under your nose. If there is a bid within the last 5 minutes the individual lot is extended by 10 minutes to allow you a chance to increase your bid should you wish. The lot ends when there is no activity for 5 minutes.
7. When the auction ends if you have won the auction you will be notified by email with your winning bid price. If you have won more than one item please contact our office to avail of a combined shipping discount
8. You can then click the link to complete the payment process which will include, your winning bid ,buyers commission and shipping charges. You must pay within 72 hours or there will be late penalties of €10 per day. If you fail to make payment on your winning lot within 7 days of the auction ending unless by consent of the admin team and the lot seller you will be banned from future auctions and the website.
9. Once your items have been paid for we will then ship them within 5 days with registered post or courier. Please note shipping rates and shipping time estimations.. PLEASE BE AWARE THERE IS NO INSURANCE ON ITEMS SHIPPED BY COURIER OR POST. You are welcome to collect your winning items in person from our offices in Dundalk.